“One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.” Oscar Wilde
You can count the elements of good design on one hand. Look for items that provide these five features and you’ll be a discerning shopper who has left the days of feeling like a desperate buyer in the dust!
- Frame your face. Choose tops with beautiful, open necklines that frame your expressive face.
- Shape your torso. Define your shoulders, select shaping cuts and sleek fabrics that enhance your curves.
- Elongate your silhouette. Use details like a linear row of buttons, vertical seaming as well as color, monochromatic and tonal palettes, to draw your longest line, head to toe.
- Fade, camouflage, areas you feel are less attractive. Use deep toned, matte fabrics and gently grazing cuts to fade.
- Focus, bring attention to areas which you love! Select rich, wonderful embellishments that reflect what’s fun and exciting for the season.
More often than not, selecting well-designed, flattering outfits is really about recognizing and renewing our most flattering “uniforms” with contemporary trends, colors, fabrics and embellishments that resonate with our sensuous side.
Ulla Popken Stylist & Blogger
Feel good in what you wear.