It's cold - it's warm - it's in-between! Hmmnn...sometimes it's a reflection of the temperature on the outside and sometimes - the temperature on the 'inside!'
Applying the standard of the iconic Tim Gunn, can we find a go-to plus size woman's dress and "make it work?" Yes, Tim, we can! We're going to substitute a little gray dress (LGD) for a little black dress (LBD).
In Feng Shui, each color brings a different quality of energy. "Noble gray" is treated as a sophisticated, upscale Feng Shui color and is worth considering when building a little flexibility and transitional quality around a LGD. Three Ulla plus size dresses that seem particularly 'noble' are:
- Matte Jersey Gathered Neck Dress, #21231
- Floral Embroidered Knit Dress, # 21224
- Color Block Knit Dress, #21225
Some guidelines that ease the transition between cool and warm temperatures:
- Knits that are lightweight but not clingy.
- Sleeves that fall in between the elbow and wrist - 3/4 is my favorite length
- Coloration that is neutral, deep, and easy to work with.
- Wear with opaque tights with (black, metallic or gray) flats or boots
- Layer with a mid-weight neutral or black cardigan
- Choose black, metallic or neutral accessories
In the warmer months:
- Wear with bare legs and ballet flats
- Layer with a light weight neutral or colorful cardigan
- Choose colorful jewelry and other accessories that coordinate with the cardigan
If you have any ideas to share that ease the transition into Spring, we'd love to hear them!
Ulla Popken Stylist & Blogger
Feel good in what you wear!