ULLA POPKEN IS GIVING AWAY ONE OF THE ANCHOR PIECES HIGHLIGHTED BELOW TO THE FIRST 10 LADIES TO RESPOND TO THIS POST!
I love this pink jacket! This jacket is a great example of an anchor piece, it is also what I call a go-to item, and they often overlap.
I look for three things in an anchor piece:
- It has the muscle to be the backbone of many outfits, and can reach across the different facets of my lifestyle: casual, career and special occasion.
- It is a go-to item, it flatters every time.
- Its coloration and fabrication make it easy to identify the right accessories.
- It has the muscle to work with one of my three signature looks: the long, uninterrupted column of black underneath (tank top and skirt or slacks,) giving me casual, career and dressy options. It will also work with a white lace tank top and jeans.
- It is cut well and the fabric drapes lean but doesn’t cling: flattering princess seaming, vertical lines of detail (seams and buttons) both of which are emphasized by leaving the jacket partially open.
- The fabric is shot with a gold metallic thread so I know that gold jewelry will accessorize well and the pink color flows right into the coordinating print floral scarf, which together, polish the outfit.
An anchor piece doesn’t have to be a jacket, but let’s consider these top pieces for now, each one could be a go-to item:
Ulla Popken is pleased to give away your choice of one of these items to the first ten bloggers to respond to firstname.lastname@example.org. All we ask in return, is you review the product and share your review within 30 days. It's that simple. Reviews should be sent to email@example.com. We'll post the reviews on Talking It U.P.
In the meantime, we'd love to hear from you. Please post what you look for in an anchor piece or any questions you may have regarding this topic.