Monday, September 26, 2011

When A Bargain is a Bargain




Every woman I know loves a bargain. I'm no exception and neither are my girlfriends. So when is a bargain just that?

Look for bargains that freshen, replenish and expand your wardrobe. When shopping sales it is best to choose apparel you have some familiarity with.

Recently, a friend of mine, who shops Ulla, asked me to help her spend up to $100 to freshen her Fall wardrobe. Separately, in the comfort of home, we simultaneously went online to the Sale page of the Ulla site.


Here's what we chose:
  • 1 Surplice Tee, #92545, hibiscus
  • 1 Long Vented Knit Tunic, #02566, cherry
  • 1 Layered Sweater #95529, raspberry
  • 1 Beaded Cardigan, #05512, black
  • 1 Ponte Knit Pant, #11635, black

We kept her selections in a similar color scheme which she already wears well, to maximize using an existing set of coordinated of accessories. We chose items which she already knows well and counts on, Ulla tees, tunics and cardis. The only unknown was the pant, but another pair of good black pants - well worth the "risk."

What did she get for $100?

Five pieces that...

  • will freshen her wardrobe.
  • allow for varied Fall weather.
  • will lessen the wear and tear on her existing favorites.
  • will work with go-to items and accessories already in her wardrobe.
That's when a bargain is a bargain!

Please share how you shop bargains.

Babe


Ulla Popken Stylist & Blogger

Be your personal best!

6 comments:

Dianna said...

Hi Babe, I like to raspberry & cherry colors over my black wardrobe staples & a great bargain, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianna,
I like those colors too - they're really 4 season colors!
Thanks for commenting!
Babe

MsChilePepper said...

Love the bright, happy colors!

tempted2 said...

a bargain is only a bargain if you are going to get use out of it. If it sits in the closet untouched, it doesn't matter what you paid for it.

AuntieAnnie said...

How I shop for bargains - I tend to dress simply and I know the shapes that flatter me. I start with two things - my staple colors (black/grey with "winter" colors for tops) and a list of the things I need/want. I shop my closet and try on clothes and combinations for an outfit a day,(hot days, cool days, cold days) a dressy "happy" outfit for the season and a dressy "conservative" outfit for the season plus outerwear. I list what I need and look for bargains for those items in the colors and items I need.

KatMcQ said...

Babe ~ We think alike! Those are all pieces I would have chosen too. You have a great eye for what flatters and you can spot a great deal!