I recently had the pleasure of going Ulla shopping with a new client, Linda. She was heading off to a professional conference in Arizona later this month and challenged me to provide her with a week's worth of new clothing that would make her look great at both professional and social gatherings.
Here were Linda's guidelines for me:
- A budget of $400 to work with.
- One roll-aboard suitcase for everything.
- She already had a pair of well-fitted black slacks and Ulla jeans that she would bring, everything else was to be new!
Here were my guidelines for Linda:
Peruse Ulla's catalog and pick 10 items that you believe will achieve the following: (Use the acronym LIFE for perspective)
Love - You love it!
Inspire - It inspires you to be your personal best!
Fit - It will fit well and comfortably!
Empowered - You are empowered because you feel beautiful and liberated from the "I have nothing to wear" syndrome!
Here's what we decided on adding to her one pair of blacks slacks and Ulla jeans:
- Brushstroke Print Duster Set, 21451 (which includes a white tank top)
- Embellished Floral Tunic, 22437
- Graphic Floral Shacket Duster, 22337
- Metallic Embroidered Tunic, 22436
- Stretch Button Zip Tab Pant, 14821 (white)
Each plus size top goes with each plus size pant. Two colorful tunics and two black/white tunics. One tunic includes a white tank top so it provides the option of wearing two of the tunics open or closed. The five new pieces easily fit into one roll-aboard and came in at $375, under budget. Perhaps the best part is that there's even room in that roll-aboard for the acronym LIFE which serves as her virtual yardstick for dressing well, looking great and living life to the fullest!
If you were making such a trip, what would go into your roll-aboard?
Ulla Popken Stylist & Blogger
Feel good in what you wear!