There’s no doubt that shapewear can be a friend with benefits. The object is to find intimates that shape, smooth, and firm. Look for items made of soft, substantial, stretchy materials to enjoy a sleek silhouette and still remain comfortable.
- Undergarments that hold you in too tightly in one area usually create an unattractive bulge in another area - “Being held in” is less beneficial than being “smoothed out.”
- Buy intimates that have no seams or lace that show through clothing -Smooth is always the goal.
- Do not buy an item that is too small for you thinking that it will make you look slimmer and better - It won’t.
- If an item shrinks or you get larger - Get rid of it.
- If shapewear loses its firmness or shape - Replace it.
This season I took my own advice, opened my mind, and revisited an item I had previously sworn off, and I’m glad I did. The Ulla Body Wrap Soft Cup Bodysuit is such an item. New generations of fabrication have simply improved the effectiveness and comfort of shapewear, immeasurably – and may, therefore, be an old friend worth getting to know again.
If you’ve tried some of our new intimates – I’d love to hear your opinions.
Ulla Popken Stylist & Blogger
Be your personal best.