Monday, October 31, 2011

Sexy and Sleek


Recently, I was thrown for a loop. A relative whom I hadn't seen in 18 years came to Baltimore and we had dinner together. Seemingly in a time-warp, I was transported back to being "such a pretty face" which was really a euphemism for being fat. CRASH! BOOM! BANG! STOP! ...Put the brakes on that 'stinkin' thinkin' Babe!

The moment passed and I got dressed for dinner in Little Italy. I have tools and insights I didn't have 18 years ago and no one, I repeat, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." (Eleanor Roosevelt)

I chose my Ulla Double Ruffle Stretch Knit Dress, in Black, #15229. The complete outfit I wore to dinner is actually one of Babe's Winter Picks. I walked into the restaurant and just knew I was the sexiest, most sophisticated woman in the joint! Amazing what a great "little black dress" can do for a woman.

The dress is:

* made of sleek, viscose rayon spandex, and trust me, it may not sound sexy, but it is!
* pretty V-neckline enhanced by a double ruffle giving 3-dimensional texture to the dress.
* long and sleek like a tall cool drink of water.

I had to laugh, my relative couldn't wait to snap my picture, several times in fact, to show to the folks back home; and after that initial wave of anxiety, I couldn't have been happier!

Please share thoughts on your feelings about family visits.
Babe
Ulla Popken Stylist & Blogger
Be your personal best.

4 comments:

Jo said...

I have the same color/material but in the v neck version. Living on the stormy cool coast I wear lace trimmed black leggins but it was missing something, so I purchased w/my $25 gift card the UP multi beaded double string purple shades beads w/silver chain necklace. Going to wear it out tonight.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,
I'm so glad to hear this! I'm lovin' our new jewelry because it is size-appropriate and important looking - really well suited to us!
Best,
Babe

Moe said...

Such a pretty ruffle!

Anonymous said...

Hi Moe,
Yes, I have this thing for embellishments and even jewelry that has a 3-D quality - just think it's very becoming on women of size.

Best,
Babe